DOWN UNDER DETAILS
19 Days / 17 Nights – New Zealand and Australia. US Departure Date is 02/10/2020. Return date is 02/29/2020
$8399 per person in double room, $10,699 for single. Airfare (economy class) IS INCLUDED. Upgraded seating available by request.
Arrive in Auckland and enjoy the city’s blend of landscape, Polynesian culture, glistening harbors and modern city environment. This creates an unbelievable lifestyle ranked amongst the best in the world. It is the largest city in New Zealand claiming one-third of the entire population of the country.
Rotorua is an exciting city with a vast history, tradition, and culture. It is surrounded by volcanoes, lakes, parks and is a great place to go hiking or to view native birds and animals. The surrounding areas are a geothermal wonderland, with geysers, boiling mud pools, and steaming craters. Rotorua is also a showcase of Maori cultural activities and a place of exceptional natural beauty.
You will venture to Queenstown, which is known as the Adventure Capital of the World. A reputation earned through the actions of a number of locally residing thrill seekers who have developed several unbelievable, adrenaline stirring, sanity-reducing adventures in a wildly exciting environment. Over the years, Queenstown has quietly expanded into all sorts of attractions, including new wineries, art galleries, and challenging golf courses.
Sydney is Australia’s oldest city and the economic powerhouse of the nation and the country’s capital in everything but name. Enjoy the sights of Sydney, a world-class city blessed with sun-drenched natural attractions, dizzy skyscrapers, delicious and daring restaurants, superb shopping and friendly folk. You can choose to experience the beauty of the Harbour, the Opera House and marvel at the expansive Sydney Harbour Bridge. Take advantage of the many tour options or just relax and go at your own pace as you enjoy the excellent restaurants and entertainment that only Sydney can offer.
The colorful, sophisticated capital of the tropical north, Cairns city is alive with life and charm. Here, warm northern hospitality and enthusiasm are the order of the day. There are so many unique attractions and activities to see when you visit …cruise to the reef or islands, take a safari to the outback, trek into the rainforest or see it from the rainforest cableway above its green canopy on your way to or from Kuranda. Listed by the World Heritage Society and acclaimed as amongst the world’s most wonderful assets are the Great Barrier Reef and the Wet Tropics Rainforests. These year-round natural attractions are truly memorable and inspiring.
Uluru (Ayers Rock) is about 450 kilometers by road from Alice Springs; Uluru-Katatjuta National Park is home to the most recognized Australian landmark – Uluru (previously called Ayers Rock). World-Heritage listed, Uluru – Kata Tjuta National Park covers an area of approximately 1325 square kilometers of a striking landscape. In addition to the Rock the park also includes Kata Tjuta (previously called the Olgas).
Conclude your South Pacific Adventure in Melbourne. Set around the shores of Port Phillip Bay, the city is laid out in a large rectangle and boasts a lively and cosmopolitan pulse. Melbourne sits on the northern banks of the Yarra River, about five kilometers from the bay. From cutting-edge architecture and blockbuster musicals to art exhibitions and popular festivals, Melbourne is a city where cultural pursuits are woven into the fabric of everyday life. Regional Victoria also boasts a flourishing arts scene, with impressive galleries, museums, and heritage buildings.
- Accommodation – Auckland (1 Night), Rotorua (2), Queenstown (3), Sydney (3), Cairns (3), Ayers Rock (2), Melbourne (3)
- International Flights – Los Angeles to Auckland, Queenstown to Sydney, Melbourne to Auckland, Auckland to Los Angeles
- New Zealand Domestic Flights – Rotorua to Queenstown (via Christchurch)
- Australian Domestic Flights – Sydney to Cairns, Cairns to Ayers Rock, Ayers Rock to Melbourne
- Shuttle Transfers – Auckland Airport to Accommodation, Rotorua Accommodation to Airport, Queenstown Airport to Accommodation (Return), Sydney Airport to Accommodation (Return), Cairns Airport to Accommodation (Return), Ayers Rock Airport to Accommodation (Return), Melbourne Airport to Accommodation (Return)
- Day Tours – Auckland: Hop-on/Hop-off Auckland Explorer Pass, Deluxe Coach to Rotorua via Waitomo Glowworm Caves; Rotorua: Hobbiton, Te Po Indigenous Evening Experience; Queenstown: Skyline Gondola & Buffer Dinner, Milford Sound, Walter Peak Farm Dinner; Sydney: City Panoramic Tour (1/2 day), Sydney Opera House Tour(1 hour), Sydney Harbour Dinner Cruise, Blue Mountains Full Day; Cairns: Sunset Dinner Cruise; Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Kuranda Heritage Experience; Ayers Rock: Piti Pass (Sunrise and Sunset Tours of Uluru & Kata Tjuta), Night at Field of Light Dinner; Melbourne: Phillip Island Penguin Parade Ultimate Eco Tour, Colonial Tramcar Dinner
- Visa Issuance for entry into Australia (US$15.00 per person)
- All Taxes and Fuel Levies (Except where noted)